Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things That A Bald Woman Needs

1.     Good family.  Family members that love you even though you act like a bomb that might explode at any second.  And good family that loves you even if you explode – on them.  Good family to put you in your place and show you how to act better, and nicer when dealing with such an emotional charged problem. 
2.     Good friends.  There are many different types.  You need the friends who will just sit there and listen, over and over again.  You need the friends who will distract you.  You need the friends who will hold you while you cry.  You need the friends that will cheer you up and make you laugh.  But you do not need unreliable, flaky friends.  Get rid of those.
3.     A gym membership.  Some athletic outlet. I need to exercise or else I get so grumpy and very tense.  I always feel so much more relaxed after I work out.  If I haven’t exercised in a few days my stress level is so much greater than when I exercise regularly. 
4.     Distractions.  Keeping busy is key!  I feel the most sad and I dwell on my issues the most when I am alone.  Surrounding yourself with positive people, will help you forget about what makes you sad, and you will have fun!  But, it’s also about knowing when to confront your feelings.  I find it hard to understand when I feel upset at someone if there really is a reason for me to be upset with them, or if it is just my own insecurities shining through.  And, I don’t really know how to figure it out. And then, I let it sit in my stomach and it festers into a big emotional bomb, until one day, the perhaps innocent person says something that lights the bomb, and then an unforeseen explosion occurs. 
5.     Tough Love.  Sometimes, you just have to know that things are not that bad. And sometimes it’s so much easier to be sad, than to look at the good things going on.  It can be easier to stay in your current emotional state, than switch to a different one, because people want to know that their feelings are justified, and righteous, when sometimes they just aren’t. 
6.     Attention. In the right way.  When you feel different, all you want is some attention, in a positive way. Someone to notice your uniqueness and appreciate it, and maybe even admire you.  We all love attention. Especially me.
7.     Hug. Talking is one thing, but silence and a hug is another.  And sometimes words just don’t need to be said to comfort someone. 
8.     Drive.  Goals.  A Direction.  These are the things we live for, and are working towards.  Being confident in these things will help you notice that the challenges that come through your life don’t alter your goals, they merely test you, and make you stronger, more intelligent, and more self aware.
9.     Animals.  Sometimes I get sick of people. I just would rather spend time with a cat or a dog. A dog or cat that lives life simply, with great love.  They can help you sort out so much, because they are always so true to themselves. I believe we have so much to learn from animals.
10. Something exciting to look forward to.  I’m going to Italy this summer for a singing program.  Sometimes when I am in an emotional rut, all I need to do is think about that, and I regain so much hope and self love.  Having something fun to look forward to is one of the best medicines out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment